Monday, July 12, 2010

Once Upon A Read-A-Thon Mini Challenge

OK, here's an interesting mini challenge from the Book Crazy Blog for this week's Once Upon A Read-A-Thon: "pick your favorite book and/or character and pair it with a song and/or photo that reminds you of the person or setting in the book".


I love books and I love music, so this is a really fun one. But I don't think I can pick ONE favorite book, so I'm going with the book I'm just finishing up right now, 'Riding Wild' by Jaci Burton, from her Wild Riders series.



If you haven't read this series yet, you really need to check it out. I did it a little bit backwards and read some of the other books in the series first, but it was OK because they can be read out of order.

So the basic premise of the series is that the heroes are skilled thieves who now work for a secret government agency, stealing back things that have been stolen from the government, but can't be retrieved by conventional means. Here's the song that I'd pair with this series, from one of my favorite hardcore bands, Ministry:





Fun, no? :)

2 comments:

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

Dangit...I don't have sound on this machine so I can't hear the song. I've never read anything by that author, but I might have to check it out.

I wanted to take a moment to mention that today is our Mini-Challenge :) Stop by our BLOG to enter for a chance to win "Our Highlander Romance Swag Pack". Enter today because a winner will be chosen tomorrow!

Happy reading!
♥Isalys
Book ♥ Soulmates

aromagik said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! You really need to read some of Jaci's work if you get a chance -- she's phenomenal! This whole series is great.

Way ahead of you on entering your giveaway... I do love highlander romances! ;)

Thanks again! :>]

Post a Comment