Saturday, May 14, 2011

Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9)Eat Prey Love by Kerrelyn Sparks
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Love at Stake Book 9, Caitlyn and Carlos's story. I've enjoyed this series so much that it really pains me to say it but I'm just not interested in finishing this one. I got about 200 pages in, and not only do I not like the heroine much, I'm just not feeling the chemistry at all. Caitlyn is literally throwing herself at Carlos over and over and over, and it's starting to feel desperate. I'm just not liking it. I understand his reluctance and his need to save his species, yadda yadda, but the "I want you, but I can't have you" thing got old pretty quick. And then I read a hint that there might be a way for the "I must mate with someone of my species" angst to be avoided (trying to omit spoilers here) and that pretty much did it for me. DNF. :(


View all my reviews


0 comments:

Post a Comment