Friday, August 12, 2011

Changeling Dream (Changeling, #2)Changeling Dream by Dani Harper

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I received a free copy of Changeling Dreams as part of the Goodreads First Reads program.



What I liked: I really enjoyed James's inner struggle with his wolf. I thought it was very interesting that the two parts of his personality were often so separate and at odds with each other. I loved seeing James return to his humanity. I liked the connection Jillian had to the white wolf, how he saved her in the past, and the very positive effect it had on her life. Their shared history makes their relationship a lot more believable, which I think is always a good thing. The story was well written and flowed nicely.



What I didn't like so much: I was a little surprised Jillian didn't figure out the connection between James & the wolf sooner or at least have suspicions. That made her seem kind of dense. And seriously, why the heck didn't James fill her in sooner? It seems like a pretty important bit of info to share about yourself if you're planning to make a life together. Also Jillian was too prickly with James a few times, bordering on bitchy, and bitchy heroines are my least favorite character to read. I just can't connect with them. I wanted to slug James a few times, because I get a little frustrated with the plot device of "I've got to stay away from her to protect her". I get it and I understand why it was used, but it's not my favorite source of conflict.



Overall though, I thought this was well written and I enjoyed reading it.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment