Monday, November 14, 2011

Marly's Choice  (Men of August, #1)Marly's Choice by Lora Leigh

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Drat. I was really looking forward to this book, but it has turned out to be a big disappointment for so many reasons. First, it took forEVER to get anywhere. The book spent way too much time with Cade wrestling with himself -- the old "I want her. I can't have her. I want her. She can't handle me." Page after page after page. It got old. But Marly is insistent that she wants him and she can take it -- and when he finally FINALLY takes her, she's a total pansy. Oh, it's too much pleasure! I don't think I can handle it! Give me a break. I know you were a virgin, but WTF were you expecting? And seriously... He honestly can't control himself just that ONE time to go a little easy on a virgin he supposedly loves? I'm tempted to keep reading just so I can get to the menage parts with the brothers (whose characters haven't really been developed enough yet at this point in the book, so in my mind they're sitting there like jackals waiting for Cade to share scraps of Marly with them), but I have a feeling I'll just get more irritated & won't be able to enjoy it. Good thing there are a lot more sources of hot monkey sex. :) DNF, but 1 1/2 stars because I at least made it 2/3 of the way through the book before I had to put it down.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment