Friday, March 30, 2012

An Improper ProposalAn Improper Proposal by Cheryl Bolen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I thought this one was pretty good. Some readers may feel Sally was too much of a doormat and George isn't particularly likable through at least the first half of the book, I found them both fascinating and charming in their own way. Their positive growth throughout the book was really nice to read. The villainy was a little more extreme than I expected, but that added a nice edge to the book. I was especially taken with little Sam and his delayed speech. I can relate. I was actually wishing we could have seen him make more progress by the end of the book, but when I really think about it, this was much more realistic because in cases like his it's likely it would take much longer than the scope of the book to truly see him make significant progress. So kudos to Ms. Bolen for including a special needs child who is loved so very deeply by his parents and sibling.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment