Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Lord Jack (Highland Fling Romance)My Lord Jack by Hope Tarr

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Caution: Spoiler-ish :)



Do NOT judge a book by its cover, especially if you're reading one of the original releases of this awesome book. The original cover is very dated and will tend to get lost in your TBR pile, so please give it a chance anyway. The hero, Jack, is one of the sweetest heroes I've read in a very long time - he's a hangman (!) and a VIRGIN. He loves animals, keeps chickens for their eggs and companionship and would never think of butchering them for food, and counts his pets among his only friends - or so he thinks. But you'll see that he's actually much loved by most of the people in his village. He's big, reliable, steadfast, lovable and utterly delicious.



The villain is a dark and twisted character who is completely beyond redemption, and he makes a nice contrast to the sweet hero. He's believable without being overdone.



The end is rather surprising -- and I won't get too spoiler-ish here -- because it has several twists that I didn't expect, which made for an especially pleasing read. Of course it has a HEA, never fear. :)



Definitely recommended.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment