Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Proposal: A NovelThe Proposal: A Novel by Mary Balogh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I won a free copy of this from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. And it's been my pleasure. Mary Balogh has shown time & again that she's a truly gifted author who knows how to write a great romance. Hugo and Gwen really give their relationship a lot of thought and consideration and don't just jump in. It was kind of nice to see that, because some romances I've read seem to go from zero to sixty way too quickly. They're like, "Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?" Here they explore their differences and make educated decisions about whether or not they should consider a future together. It speaks well for the probable longevity of their union.



Seeing Hugo relax and forgive himself for his part in the war was very moving, and it was a nice change of pace to have a physically imperfect heroine.



This is the kind of sweet book that I'll be delighted to pass along to my mother, because although it does have a couple of love scenes, they're very tastefully done.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment