Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2)Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was good. Again, not as steamy as I generally like to read, but there were definitely parts where it touched my heart. I liked both Sam and Lucy, and I thought their chemistry was pretty delicious despite the fact that the angst was dragged out through most of the book. There was one part near the beginning where Sam could have caused later problems by not being honest with Lucy, but LK saved the day (and earned my respect) by NOT using that as a plot bunny for a conflict later in the story. I don't want to give any spoilers, but big kudos for that. There's a lot of honesty throughout the book, which I always appreciate. I wasn't too keen on the paranormal aspects of the story, and while they weren't bad and didn't drown out the rest of the story, I kind of felt like the book would have been just as good without them. I'll be interested to read Alex's story.

Reviewed as part of the Goodreads first reads program.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment