Sunday, September 2, 2012

Under a Vampire Moon (Argeneau, #16)Under a Vampire Moon by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hmmm... I had mixed feelings about this one. I do love this series, and I think that may have helped me look past some issues that would normally bother me more. I think the biggest thing that bugged me was the "beard" ruse. I guess I understand why it was used, and the situation did call for desperate measures, but I dislike that their relationship was initially based on a lie (especially one that was so ridiculous). Also, I didn't feel the chemistry between Christian and Carolyn was quite as successful as the other books in the series. Nevertheless, I thought this was pretty good overall, and worth reading if you're a fan of the series.

A note to anyone who hasn't read the rest of the series yet: You'll get a lot more information and world building if you go back and read at least some of the previous books. I'd recommend that you read them all, and in the intended order, but if that's too daunting at least read some of them. This book really just touched on the basics, which was fine for me because I'm already familiar with the Argeneaus and other immortals in Lynsay Sands' world.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment