Sunday, October 28, 2012

Jane Eyre Laid Bare: The Classic Novel with an Erotic TwistJane Eyre Laid Bare: The Classic Novel with an Erotic Twist by Eve Sinclair
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book through Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Would I have liked this better or worse if I had first read the original classic? I'll probably never know, because I have no interest in reading its predecessor. I have nothing against books that are dark & twisted (though I much prefer those qualities in films, not in the books I read), but this was also dull & plodding. Add to that the fact that it can hardly be considered a romance, and there really isn't much to recommend it. I didn't care at all about any of the characters or their happiness or suffering (and of the latter, there was a surplus). I finished the book only because I had agreed to review it.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment