Friday, November 9, 2012

InsatiableInsatiable by Morgan Hawke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hmmm... This one's hard to review. I didn't love it but I did like it a lot. It was VERY hot M/M/F, and a quick read that didn't tax my brain too much. The issue of force vs. consent at the beginning of the book was a little iffy and I can see how it would be a problem for some readers, but it was written just well enough that it made me OK with it. I loved the emotions between Aramis and Rafael. I thought their interaction with Elaine was sort of "cute", for lack of a better word. They treat her like their child (which she was, in vampire terms) as well as a lover, which could easily be interpreted as somewhat incestuous, but somehow it squeezed by without tripping my "ick" meter. I can't exactly call this a "fluffy" read, but it didn't have a lot of depth, either. And it wasn't "dark", but it had "dark-ish" potential, if that makes any sense. I agree with another reviewer who said it ended abruptly and felt like there should have been more. One final thought... Uh, hello, art department at Kensington...? Could you possibly make the guy on the cover look any less like either of the heroes in the book? This cover is horrible!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment