Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rough PlayRough Play by Christina Crooks
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Hmm. This was an interesting side of BDSM. Parts of it were much, much darker than I generally like to read, and at the same time it lacked some of the intensity I expected. Or maybe it just wasn't as hot as I expected because it didn't get my motor running like similar books have. There were times that my interest waned and I considered DNF'ing it, but somehow it managed to keep just hooked enough to finish it. Some of the raw abuse was like a nasty train wreck - I didn't like it, it was repulsive, but I couldn't quite look away.

Martin had the potential to be a delicious Dom, but he sort of fizzled for me. I had trouble relating to Charlotte, maybe because there were times that she bordered on bitchy and TSTL.

The whole Gorean aspect was completely new to me (had to look it up), and while it added a novel element to the book, I'd be fine if I never read anything more about it.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment