Sunday, February 24, 2013

Thin IceThin Ice by Liana Laverentz
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I am SO frustrated right now. I tried to finish this, I really did. I hate bitchy heroines, but I tried to give this one a chance because I thought it might have some potential and the writing is actually quite engaging. I made it to page 231 before I finally had to throw in the towel. The heroine runs hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold throughout the book, and while I truly do understand where she's coming from emotionally (she was abused by her ex-husband), the hero doesn't deserve the crap she puts him through. He's a sweet guy and I honestly can't imagine what he sees in her unless he's a complete masochist. If these were real life people, I'd be in her face screaming at her to fucking TALK to the poor guy, and explain why she's so scared and bitchy. After she told him for the millionth time that she didn't want to see him anymore, I decided she didn't deserve the happy ending I'm sure she'll be getting, and I'm no longer interested in her angsty emotional roller coaster.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment